"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

10 October, 2010

*I AM SUPERWOMAN*

So....its been a long 4 days. Dad got admitted into the hospital after coming to the ER Thursday evening. [*SiGH...] I wish there was something I could do for him. I'm a Daddy's girl... and i'll gladly proclaim it.

I hate that he's sick...
I wish I could take away the pain, the sickness and everything that is involved in it.


Alicia Keys has a song titled "Super Woman" ...



There are days I wish I had super powers...and I truly believe we all have SUPER abilities, but there are those days, the days when your spirit feels defeated. Where even the slightest emotion of crying seems too hard to handle. People think I'm rude and mean. Along with any other word you can conceive in your mind. In all reality...I'm too busy taking care of my family, that it gives no time to  give in to the influence of back-biting, backstabbing, gossip, etc. My life consists of assisting with the health of my Father and my brother, all while trying to keep mom sane. In no way am I  trying to gain sympathy...I love that I am able to take care of the people who mean the most to me. I have an amazing family and I wouldn't change it for the world.

When I feel that life has got it's best of me, I simply remind myself that...

I AM SUPERWOMAN!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You ARE Superwoman, B! I hope your dad recovers quickly. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for you, your dad, and for the rest of your family!

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪