"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

24 May, 2010

Me, an emotional wreckage?!

This past week or so has been very exhausting... today at work i was in a so-so mood. Not really up for convo... mainly because i was tired. but, who's not tired now-a-days? I'm 24...i should be pumped all the time, right? NOT! I came home, cooked dinner (Chicken Cordon Bleu and Potatoes w/ broccoli), peeped the final episodes of "24" and all in time to say Ta-Ta...

It's a bittersweet moment... when saying goodbye is determined by your strength and not your emotions. I know so much good will come of this, but i hate to see my love leave (even when its for business). I was always taught never to allow myself to get so caught up in a person, that they define who i am. And much to my surprise, those words have made all the difference. I've learned to become a better person, not only for myself, but for those around me.
Being that i am not a "normal girl"... whatever that is... i dont cry often. But, tonight i made an exception... i'm an emotional wreckage!
Here's to us, Babe....
Doing BIG things .&. Living on top of the world!!!

4 comments:

  1. You're so strong, you'll be just fine!

    "A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." — Winston Churchill

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...The dinner was excellent and I promise that you will be fine. God has taken you and Drew to a new level in your lives and you (now know) that your strength lies in Christ, alone.

    Love you very, very much!

    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so lovely and you're gorgeous, girl!

    <3
    www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Makeup Zombie: You know me too well!

    @ Mom: i love you more!

    @ Kasia_B: Thank you! Dont be stranger!

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪