"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

26 July, 2010

Be still...

[Psalm 46:10] "Be still, and know that I am God."
How difficult is it to find stillness in our lives when we are constantly wishing for "something" else? Always finding reason to complain about what we have. Instead of being grateful for all that HE has blessed us with.I find there are times, times when i want something, but don't get it and the first one i blame is GOD. I've learned that what God blesses us with at certain times in our lives, is what he knows we can handle at that very moment.

Stillness in turn is our way of showing God that we truly do believe that he has our best interest at heart. Stillness can be captured in short moments of solitude when everything around us seems to be falling apart.

Just for today, Let go and let it happen!!

I wanted to share some FOOD with you all before I leave. Last week I made Three Cheese Green Chile Chicken Tortellini...and might i add, it was BOMB!!!!!!

And tonight, I threw together classic Spaghetti w/ homemade Garlic Tomato Sauce and Garlic Bread.


I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend... and is enjoying the start of a brand new week. My B-day is fastly approaching... i can't believe how OLD i am getting! YIKES!!

Be continuously blessed and continue to strive toward your purpose!

2 comments:

  1. I used to say that to my ex: Why can't you just be happy with what you have?! Yeah. There's a reason he's my ex. ANYWAY...I want that first recipe. If I promise to get you a certain recipe to trade, would you give it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmaybe..... if its the recipe i've been begging for.;)

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪