"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

12 July, 2010

Flowers on the Nightstand...

Good evening purpose-filled people! I hope today you had an opportunity to take one step closer to your destiny!

I know I did!!! Taking that step into a new dimension in your adult life is sometimes scary, but Oh, so worth it!

Last week...I walked into my house from a long day at work and to my surprise, I had flowers on my nightstand! beautiful orange(my fav color) and white flowers!! I knew they weren't from mi amor, because he knows me too well and knows I would much rather have a fresh 59Fifty fitted Yankees cap! So... I researched and... They were from my brother!! now, my brother will be the first to tell you that he's selfish, but its times like this I appreciate most. The times when being the little sister has an advantage! despite our quarrels... I have to say, I have the BEST brother anyone could ask for. I know that no matter where this road in life takes us, I will always have him and his love to fall back on. Not very many people can say that about their siblings and for this...I am truly blessed!


Many lessons are learned everyday! the other evening, the BFF & I were leaving the gym and we walked out to find shattered glass and belongings stolen. A brand new phone, glasses, books, etc...all missing! It baffles me how a person could be so desperate!! Everyone has trying times, but it gives no right to make anothers life miserable. Thankfully...the BFF was more concerned that her brand new phone and make up bag were stolen...mainly because she had to buy a new i.d. the next day and was upset because she'd be make-up less...she cracks me up! We ended the weekend with dancing and shopping...and I am exhausted!

[P.S. Check the earrings i picked up in Santa Fe for my 4th of July exstravaganza! very sparkly!!!]

I learned this weekend that in spite of betrayal and denial from others, I must stay the course. My dreams are larger than life and although there may be a slight bump in the road, I must finish what God has given me to do. He has called me for a greater purpose and my desire is to please him!!

I hope you all are blessed...and I appreciate the fact that you all allow me to release my thoughts, even if I don't sound like the extremely talented Maya Angelou!!

Deuces!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.5

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Pictures! Your brother is sweet for giving you flowers. I can't think of a single time I ever got flowers from my sis. Maybe I can give your brother her number so he can give her some pointers? LOL Sucks that your BFF had her car broken into.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪