"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

16 August, 2010

Blah,,, It's Monday!

Good Evening Purpose Filled people! I hope your weekends went well. For me, the weekend was a blur, but a very relaxing blur. Saturday Morning i awoke to the smell of French Toast...Thanks to my Daddy...he never forgets what his little girls favorite breakfast is!! [SN: i finally learned his recipe!!!] the rest of the weekend was all around... calm and relaxing! 

I've had a lot on my mind as of lately... And I tend to stress over little things that are literally of no importance. Often times I find myself struggling to maneuver over the mountain...a mountain that serves no purpose, or so i think. When all our struggles leave us winded, gasping for air an unable to speak...it is then that we are at long last able to stop and listen to God's voice breaking through the clouds of adversity. And it is so refreshing to know that he always has my back! 

On a less serious note... I wanted to share all the LOVELY food I(and the family) indulged in this weekend and this evening. =0) Remember to wipe the drool afterward...
Crunchy Munch
Cowboy
Good 'ol California Roll(bottom) and Tuna Roll(Top)

Fried Catfish w/ Roasted Potatoes
Fire Grilled Trout w/ Grilled Corn and Roasted Potatoes
Sesame Duck
Posole
Lemon Bars

I'm Sure you can tell which dishes I prepare, as they aren't as fancy, but they are tasty all the same! 


Tomorrow we have a potluck at work and I'm headed to the kitchen to prepare some Stuffed Strawberries... wish me luck!! 

♥.

♥.

♥.

♥.

I leave you all with my prayer...

God, help me to remember your success is mine. My fear is disabled by your presence. I will wait on you, for things that are worthwhile don't... come instantly. In due season, we shall reap.
[Psalm 27]

2 comments:

  1. Looking at all of that food made me hungry! And I haven't even had breakfast yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of seafood there, Miss B. So...those lemon bars look yum! LOL Save a stuffed strawberry for me.

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪