"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

04 August, 2010

Summer Blues...

It's Wednesday already... where is this year going?

Lately I've had a case of the Summer Blues. I'm not a fan of hot weather...Point. Blank. Period! I would rather it be 30 degrees than 104degrees. In the Winter, you get to bundle up and wear cute boots and jackets, but in the summer you can only strip down so much. And personally, I'm not the strip down kinda gal.

Speaking of stripping down, I've been participating in the 30 day Shred along with the BFF and we are happy to say... WE ARE SHREDDING!!! Jillian Michaels is NO JOKE! and might i add, although i am skinny... i am so-o out of shape. The last time i worked my knees this much was during Softball season...and i am dying (due to LCL and ACL strains). I'm trying to get to the point where my knees are strong enough to carry me through kick boxing classes, which are a part of my bucket list I've written up.

Has anyone else tried the 30 Day Shred? P90x? Insanity? Any workout programs that are giving you insane changes?? I would love to hear stories.

Anyway... since I've been back on my health binge...i decided i wanted to make something hearty, but healthy. I browsed through a bunch of recipe sites and nothing sounded interesting enough to me. So-o... i decided i would browse blog recipes and I came across this recipe from Mrs. Bettie Rocker's Blog: Chicken With Rosemary Butter Sauce! 


The BFF's cousin said this looked disgusting, but obviously he doesn't see the same thing i do! This recipe was DELICIOUS!!! I would make it over and over again...

I am off to conquer the rest of my evening and face Jillian Michaels, AGAIN... Tomorrow i turn 1/4 of a century... SCARY!!

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh - I'm on my second cycle of the 30-Day Shred. I'm not as sore as I was the first go-around, but it works!! KEEP IT UP!!! I knew as soon as I saw the picture that the recipe was from Mrs Bettie Rocker. I can't wait to try this one. *jealous* She has the BEST recipes!

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪