"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

13 August, 2010

A Parents Love

 This morning... I had the opportunity to watch a video. And for the first time in a long while... I actually shed a tear.
 
I shed the tear because I realized how I have failed to mention my love for my parents. I shed the tear, because I haven't properly stated how grateful I am for them taking time out of their lives to mold me into the woman I am today.
 
I can remember when I was young(er) and all the mistakes I made. And all the problems I caused. Yet, my Dad and Mom would ALWAYS mention how much they loved me. They have made MANY sacrifices along this journey to raise me. To love them in spite of their "imperfections" is sometimes difficult to do, but definitely worth it. During what parent's now-a-days would call "time out", I was made to write out a certain scripture, however many times my Mom would state.... And I will NEVER, ever forget what it has done to my heart and the appreciation I have for the parents God has blessed me with.
 
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. "Honor your father and mother" (this is the first commandment with a promise), "that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land." Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.                                                                                                  Ephesians 6:1-4 ESV
 
The power of love of the parents rises above distance. It overcomes distance and connects. No matter how old a child is, parents still look out for them so if even children are adults, parents are still concerned for their well being. If you view your parents as your loving allies, it will improve your relationship with them tremendously.
 
Love is the basic ingredient which forms the basis of all life on earth.
 
Be Blessed!
 
.b.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.2

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you are not the only one who has not remembered to mention your love for your parents. I think it is something we are guilty of. It's something that usually goes uspoken but should be spoken of often. I think I will go and call my mom right now!

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪