"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

18 September, 2010

Autumn song...

Autumn Song  
by: Katherine Mansfield
Now's the time when children's noses
All become as red as roses
And the colour of their faces
Makes me think of orchard places
Where the juicy apples grow,
And tomatoes in a row.

And to-day the hardened sinner
Never could be late for dinner,
But will jump up to the table
Just as soon as he is able,
Ask for three times hot roast mutton--
Oh! the shocking little glutton.

Come then, find your ball and racket,
Pop into your winter jacket,
With the lovely bear-skin lining.
While the sun is brightly shining,
Let us run and play together
And just love the autumn weather. 
 
Finally... Summer is coming to it's end. Truly, i am more than glad. I am not a fan of summer, though the times spent with friends and family are more than life itself. I'd rather have a fire burning, bake cookies, wrap tamales and spend time with family/friends while creating new memories and i can't forget the SNOW, sweaters, boots, pea coats, gloves, scarves, etc.. 
Fall and Winter are the seasons i look most forward to. And on this early September morning when I should be sleeping.. my heart is w-i-d-e awake, yet full of dreams. Brother and I have been putting this business deal together and were are just getting our toes wet. Can't wait for the final break through. DREAM...DREAM...DREAM!!!! 

Speaking of... I've always had an inkling to attempt "crafty things." And decided that Mom and Dad needed a little something for the house.. with it being the beginning of fall and all. SO-o... i oiled the old gears and put my mind to work... thus creating...
Beginning stages

Ending of Day #1
My favorite touches
Finished Product




I'm pretty proud of my FIRST attempt to create a wreath. And, it'll look fabulous over the fireplace mantle!!

It's time for me to say farewell...
Keep dreaming and take the steps necessary to complete those dreams.  

Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪