"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

08 September, 2010

Daniel's Fast: Day #1

Yesterday began the reckoning of a new Me! My focus is set on what God's plan for me is...thus beginning a transformation.




My mission:
I choose to walk in victory, which begins by telling my flesh "NO!" when it rears its ugly head, demanding to be fulfilled.
Next, lies that I've believed, sometimes for years, must be replaced with the truth of God's Word.
Finally, and most importantly, I will seek the Lord above all else every single day because I can't walk in freedom without Him.

Dinner was a Whole Wheat Garlic Lemon Spaghetti w/ broccoli and mushrooms + a side of green beans. Some days, i like to boast on my cooking...this is one of those days.

 
I also get to enjoy one of my favorite snacks...

Tomorrow i will post on Day #2.
Blessings and Peace to all!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! That pasta looks delish! But, where's the protein?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just came across your blog and wanted to let you know about my blog, Those Who Hunger, which provides recipes and devotionals for people doing the Daniel Fast. Perhaps it will encourage you. I pray that the Lord will richly bless you as you seek Him during your fast.

    http://www.thosewhohunger.com

    "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." - Matthew 5:6

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog!

    Have a nice time!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪