"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

06 June, 2010

An Appetite for Better!

Aww...La Nina begins.  This weekend was extremely hot. We reached temps of 102...Yay (sarcastically speaking)!

Saturday was supposed to mark the beginning of my P90x workout, but due to shin splints from running the track, it was suggested for me to rest up before beginning such a rigorous workout. I begin tomorrow(Monday) and i'm pretty excited about it. 

Since i had to rest my shins, the family, BFF and I went out for lunch and dessert at my two favorite spots. First, we ate lunch at a little hole in the wall New Mexican restaurant named, El Patio. It has to be one of the best little spots i've ever eaten at. I can't say it's better than mom's cooking, but it's pretty darn close. Since it was so hot, i opted for something lite.

After enjoying lunch we moved on to my second favorite spot, YoBerri Park Frozen Yogurt. It's sort of like YogurtLand in California. At least once a week, they change their flavors. My favorite is their Papaya, but this week they had Classic Tart, Chocolate, Peach and Rose flavors. Yes... i said Rose. Mom and Dad loved the taste, but to me, it tasted like someone sprayed Rose perfume in my mouth... not so appealing in my opinion. After choosing your flavor, you get a choice of toppings. Anything from Strawberries to Cap'n Crunch to White Chocolate Chips. I enjoy healthy eating so i chose fruit! When i say this place is HEAVEN, i mean it!
Today was spent at church and afterward Mom, future Mom and I went to see my "bro in law" at his performance. Afterward, we joined the rest of the family at St.Clair Winery and Bistro. Here i enjoyed my FAVORITE dish of Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta...heaven to my tastebuds. When i tell you i love anything and everything food... now you know I wasn't lying. 

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Hopefully this week isn't too hot.

Have an appetite for better!

2 comments:

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪