"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

04 June, 2010

National Donut Day + FREE Donuts = PURE AWESOMENESS!

June 4, 2010 is National Doughnut Day!

Dunkin Doughnuts, Krispy Kreme and your own kitchen could all be venues for National Doughnut Day celebrations...


Everybody knows that doughnuts aren’t exactly the healthiest of treats. Celebrating National Doughnut Day doesn’t have to mean visiting Krispy Kreme locations or Dunkin Doughnuts locations. Instead, you could try making your own doughnuts. It’s not nearly as difficult or scary as it sounds, and you can make a huge variety of your favorite doughnuts. Start by creating a basic sweet dough, then just fry it and top as you wish. If it’s your first time making doughnuts, try this recipe:


1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
1/2 cup milk or almond milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder


Toppings: cinnamon and sugar or powdered sugar or frosting or whatever else your heart desires


Combine all the wet ingredients, then stir them into the flour and baking powder. Put the dough in the fridge or freezer until it is cold enough to work with, then cut it out into the shapes you would like, about 1/2 an inch thick. Fry the doughnuts in 375-degree vegetable oil for a few minutes. Drain the fried doughnuts, then sprinkle, glaze, or frost with your favorite topping. It really is that easy. To mix it up, try adding carrots, pumpkin, spices, or even using Chai instead of milk.

Your office/family will love you!

_____________________________________________
Some Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Doughnuts Locations will be celebrating by handing out free doughnuts. Not all Krispy Kreme locations or Dunkin Doughnuts locations are participating in free doughnut day – so check before you go in to claim your confection.

Free doughnut day Krispy Kreme locations...
Getting a free doughnut at Krispy Kreme locations is relatively easy. First visit the Krispy Kreme locations list to find a participating location. Then, after the store opens on June 4, National Doughnut Day, stop in. Claim your free doughnut. Don’t forget to say “thanks” to the busy doughnut shop employees. The offer is “while supplies last,” so stop in early.

Free doughnut day Dunkin Donuts locations...



Getting a free doughnut at Dunkin Donuts locations is a bit more complicated. Dunkin Doughnuts locations are offering a free doughnut, but only with a drink purchase. So stop into the nearest Dunkin Donuts , purchase an iced coffee or other drink, and claim your free doughnut. As always, don’t forget to thank the Dunkin Donuts location employees; they will be having a very long day.

HAPPY DONUT DAY!

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was such a thing. OMG...Donuts are my weakness! For my Birthday this year, I had a platter of Donuts instead of a cake. :-) Everyone kept asking, "when is the cake coming out?". Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at a platter of donuts! I hope you didn't eat them all yourself! I only enjoy Krispy Kreme donuts, other then that... i'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh heh! I only ate one. My friend got them from a gourmet bakery...so they were REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Donut Day! I didn't end up getting my free donut today, but I might just have to cook up a batch this weekend - yum!!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could I have missed this:-). This is my first visit to your blog and I must tell you that I enjoyed myself immensely. I'll be back. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. since having tasted Krispy Kreme donuts I looooveee them
    *Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪