"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

08 June, 2010

Nutritious .&. Delicious…

Hello Lovely People!!
It’s already been one heck of a week and it's only Tuesday! Our weather in New Mexico has quickly transitioned to those desert temperatures we all love so much(SARCASM speaking).

Last night I cooked Maple Glazed Chicken and Sweet Potatoes for the family! I get overly excited when they enjoy my cooking and most of all when I enjoy my own cooking. But, that will be on a later post, possibly posted this evening after P90x of course.


Good nutrition is a year ‘round endeavor, but summer weather presents some special considerations. Some days seem too hot and humid to move at all. And the heat can increase your fluid needs. Be careful about what you are drinking to quench your thirst.

Water is your best choice for hydration.

-up to 9 servings per day for women, 13 servings for men (0 Calories)-

Summer is the best time for local produce, either from your garden or the local farmer’s markets. You can enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables that are high in nutrients and fiber and low in calories and sodium. Be adventurous and try some new foods.


Take care of yourself and those around you!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with P90X. Let me know how it works (I'm in the market for another workout video).

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪