"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

02 June, 2010

Talk Nautical to Me, Baby!

Good Day Dear Friends...

This weekend was quiet and relaxing. Something that was much needed. I got a chance to wear my awesome, yet comfortable jumper from Urban Outfitters that my love was oh so generous enough to purchase for me. He spoils me a little bit... =0). Since i have fashion on the brain, I thought I would share some of my favorite Spring fashions. Although, I am far from being a "Fashionista" I figured it wouldnt be too outlandish to share my favs... well, here goes...

Nautical
I've been captured by the whole Nautical phase that's going on in fashion lately. It's classy, yet comfortable and OH SO SEXY. Plus, it reminds me a bit of the 50's and 60's and which happen to be personal fashionable years, in my opinion. And, I LOVE IT!



NUDES
Aww... the nudes. So 1940's chic! I remember seeing old pictures of my grandmother (she was a beauty queen) in long flowy dresses and nude pumps. Something about the nudes just gets me. Anything from nail polishes, to clothing, to shoes and even lipcolors... i'm awed by it all. Nudes also pair perfectly with neon-ish colors. For example, turquoise, lavender, denim and of course, BLACK!  



NEONS
What don't i like about Neons?! I'm an 80's child! Oranges, Greens, Purples, etc. Bright colors are catchy and fun to wear, especially when paired together. But sometimes, not so easy on the eyes. My personal opinion... DON'T OVERDO IT!





That's just a few of my favorite styles that are out right now. What are your favorites? I'd love to get a taste of everyone else's fashion styles. Whatever you do... have fun with it. Hope you all have a fun and fantastic Spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪