"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

22 June, 2010

'Twas an Extravaganza...

Oh how I've missed you! it's been a while since I've had the time to post a blog. I've been extremely busy getting things together to begin the rest of my life doing what i love. If i haven't mentioned before... 
I have an Extreme passion for food, AND... i recently got accepted into Culinary School!! Yay Me! I am so exhilarated! I had to share the good news. 

So, in honor of FOOD... this post is going to be dedicated to Family, Friends and Food!

As you all know, this weekend was Father's Day and boy was it a busy weekend. To begin,we encountered a virus through our systems at work, which if you didn't know is the #1 hospital in New Mexico. Thus encountering a major set back in our daily work. Friday i got off work early due to system updates... and my dreaded Dr. appointment. The fun part.. it was a chance to go back home and visit the town i grew up in. 
I still have one Doctor in Santa Fe... and i probably won't change unless i find an extraordinary doctor when i move out of state. Any who... we took the 30 minute(if my brother is driving) drive to Santa Fe and after the appointment enjoyed a wonderful homey restaurant up on Canyon Rd, called El Farol. If you ever visit the Land of Enchantment, make sure to pay them a visit. You WON'T be disappointed. The atmosphere is so relaxing. The beef tacos are Muy Delicioso. The only complaint i had was the Manager.. she was a snobby .......


We Finally made our way back home about 6p.m. after eating and shopping. We ended up again at my favorite Yogurt spot(YoBerri) as previously noted. Needless to say, the night wasn't quite as interesting as my day. I didn't sleep one wink and had to be up for an early Saturday!

5a.m., Saturday, June 19th, 2010... my phone rings AND... it's Mi Amor!!! I always have time to hear his voice. Mind you, that since he is on the East Coast he is 2hours ahead of time and is in the studio throughout the entire day... so if 5a.m. is the only time he can talk... I'm there!!! 
10a.m., The BFF and I make our way to TMobile to buy my new phone!!!! We end up staying there until 1:30 in the afternoon. Whew! Afterward, we drove ourselves to get a pedicure and then made our way, magically to the mall! FYI: Victoria's Secret is having their Semi-Annual Sale... if any of you love that place... GO-GO-GO!!! Saturday evening we went to dinner at St.Clair, drank Mimosas, and ended our night downtown in the club scene. Not really my ideal Saturday night, but to be with two people i adore... it makes it all better. 

Sunday Morning 8a.m., WAKE UP CALL! Time for church... I got to wear my amazing red patent leather pumps that i picked up in Las Vegas, NV!!! Nothing like starting your day in 4inch heels! After church we took Dad to "Nick and Jimmy's"... and amazing Bistro on the North side of town. 
Needless to say, before we received our food.. I had already presented Dad with his gift and cried my eyes out at the amazing blessing of a Father God has blessed me with. 

Before I share the deliciousness of food that we devoured, i feel the need to share MY Dad's story:

Dad was a Semi-Pro Baseball player, in which i gain my love for baseball(New York Yankees to be exact)! He married my Mother, March 20th, 1982. They have been together 34 years total. I strive to gain a relationship like my parents have. In the early 90's my Dad was diagnosed with Hepatitis C. After many tests and biopsy's, the Doctors gave my Dad 6 months to live. And as you can see... almost 15 years later... my Dad is still alive and kicking.
Dad recently was given the news that his Hepatitis has transformed into Cirrhosis of the Liver. Which is a very serious condition in which scarring damages the liver. He has his good and his bad days, but the good always outweigh the bad. 
I have an amazing Father and he has molded me into the woman i am today. He has taught me how to be strong and how to withstand negativity. My respect is at a different level when it comes to my parents... and i thank God everyday for the blessings he has bestowed upon my life. It's my time to take care of my parents and i don't plan on letting them down.  I LOVE YOU DADDY!  

Back to the NON-Sappy shenanigans... 
Food has the amazing job of bringing your taste buds to life, thus transforming your imagination and allowing you mouth to experience every flavor. At Nick and Jimmy's, you will NEVER be disappointed. If you love Green Chile, their Green Chile Lasagna and Green Chile Meatloaf are to die for. Or you can settle for an 8oz. Sirloin with Broiled Potatoes and vegetables, topped with Mushroom Caps.. oh and don't forget the Garlic Butter for dipping!

We ended our meal with a Pineapple upside down cake for 2 and some Creme Brulee, which happens to be my favorite dessert ever!
This weekend ended exactly how i planned... with the most amazing family anyone can ask for. Although we may have our spats and disagreements, there will never be a time that I will lose my Love for the people God has so graciously placed in my life. 
I may digress a lot, but the excitement builds and i have to share it with somebody! 


Call it a stressful weekend if you want. I call it an EXTRAVAGANZA!

I am exhausted... Sweet dreams and God's Blessings to you and yours!

2 comments:

  1. GAH, B!!! That serlion looks SO good - it made my mouth water. You have to post the recipe to the raspberry (right?) squares!!! You're such a tease. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting accepted into culinary school! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪