"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be. Close your eyes, let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you've never lived before."
-Erich Fromm-

09 June, 2010

Maple-Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes

So, I Lied… I didn’t have time last night after P90x to post what I wanted to, so I’m doing it today. By the way, P90x is NO JOKE! Please, if you are thinking about starting this program… make sure you discuss it with your Physician FIRST. The workouts are intense and aren’t suggested for people in certain conditions. [No, I don’t get paid for saying it… it’s just the truth.]

After work yesterday, Mom treated me to a pedicure. I am not one to usually get pedicures, because I have a phobia of feet and I don’t like the idea of a person touching thousands of nasty feet and then working on mine. But since Mom offered, I gave in. It was probably the most comfortable pedicure I’ve ever had, if that makes any sort of sense. Now my feet look FANTABULOUS (made up word).

I digress, please forgive me.

Onto the subject at hand... FOOD!

Monday evening I decided I wanted to make something hearty for dinner. My BFF Alicia was going to be joining in on the family get together, so I opted for something easy and healthy.


Maple-Roasted Chicken with Sweet Potatoes

Hands-On Time: 15m Total Time: 1hr 30m
Heat oven to 450° F.

1 3½ - to 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces (I opted for Chicken Breasts: 4 Large Breasts, cut in half)
1 yellow onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (I also cut 6 Red Potatoes for a mixture)
¼ teaspoon black pepper
3½ tablespoons maple syrup
8 oz. baby carrots
I don’t cook with salt due to Dad’s condition, but if you use it… try: 1 teaspoon kosher salt

Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. In a bowl, combine potatoes, onions, carrots, 3T. maple syrup and pepper. Toss to coat. Arrange the chicken over vegetable mixture in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with the remaining maple syrup.

Roast, until the chicken is cooked through or the juices run clear, about 45-50 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

TIP: I used 2 of what I thought were small sweet potatoes and ended up with an abundance of vegetables. Those I put in a separate bowl and refrigerated for later use. I suggest if you are going to use a mixture of potatoes opt for 1 small sweet potato and 4 red potatoes.
ENJOY!

 Let me know how yours came out…I’d love to know.

3 comments:

  1. That looks YUM!! Gonna have to steal that recipe fo sho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that looks amazing. Lovely blog!
    Hope you had a great weekend.
    x

    ReplyDelete

"...Fear not, for I have redeemed you; have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God..." ▪Isaiah 43:1-3▪